Sunday, January 4, 2009

yasmin brunet

Born on June 6, 1988
Yasmin Brunet (Rio de Janeiro, Brazil ) is a Brazilian model who appeared in the 2008 Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue




"I love taking long baths and long showers. I know that it's completely not good for the world, but I love to just sit on the floor and let the water run down."
- Yasmin Brunet

As the daughter of Luiza Brunet, a two-time cover model for Brazil's Playboy, Yasmin Brunet was blessed with the genes for a career in modeling. As a child, one of the first things that Luiza introduced her daughter to had nothing to do with modeling -- it was an annual trip to the beautiful beaches of Abiza, a vacation the family still gets together for now.

Yasmin Brunet wasn't one to plan ahead, so she would change her mind frequently about what she wanted to do next. Her initial idea for a career was to start a band and act as a front woman. She even went so far as to learn the drums and guitar with voice lessons on the side, but Yasmin Brunet couldn't get past her own wooden voice. Acting was also an interest, but she settled on modeling and began walking the catwalks in her teens.

Yasmin Brunet 's first taste of professional modeling came on the catwalk, where she worked a series of fashion shows. The most bunch were the 2001 Patachou fashion show, which was followed by Rosa Cha and Versus a year later.

Yasmin Brunet's looks and comfort in front of the camera helped her get industry representation from Ford Models Brazil and 40º Models, which landed her more gigs. She showed up on the cover of the February 2004 Brazil edition of Elle and she was a natural choice to be an advertising face. Calzedonia and Disritmia picked Yasmin for their ads, and Escada featured her prominently in their ads for Sunset Heat Fragrance. All this attention was great for Yasmin Brunet, but she hadn't had the break that would make her an international model -- yet. However, this finally happened in 2008.

Yasmin Brunet's slender 5'8" frame boasts some distinguishing features. Her left foot sports a tattoo and she has both nipples pierced, but she only wears a ring on one of them. If you happen to be sharing the beach with Yasmin Brunet on one of her many topless beach excursions, you'll know which side the ring is on. Her natural features, like her brown hair and eyes, come from her mom, a former Brazilian Playmate.

In the love department, Yasmin Brunet has a boyfriend, but she wants more romance in her life and lists masculinity and honesty as two of the most important qualities in her potential partners. Who are her ideal men? Yasmin Brunet points to Justin Timberlake and Jake Gyllenhaal, but she also gets weak in the knees at the thought of Angelina Jolie. Without hesitation, Yasmin Brunet would give up men in an instant to be with Angelina. We like her taste in women.

On a quiet, rainy day I usually ...
Stay at home doing nothing. I love staying at home and watching TV or movies with my feet up and with my dog. The last time I did that was ... today. I watched Perfume. I read the book and the book was so much better. Every time you read a book you envision it so much better. I'm really picky about TV. When I'm alone I like to see comedies that will make me happy because I cry at absolutely anything. I'd rather have something that makes me happy.

My favorite time to be naked is ...
Topless at beaches. I hate when you have to wear bikinis. I think it's so much prettier when you're all bronzed up without the bikini [line]. We should have more beaches like that where you won't be arrested for being naked. In Brazil it's not that accepted. There are a lot of places where you would be arrested for that. But people here are also more comfortable with their bodies. It's not sexual. It's just natural. There's nothing more natural than being naked.

When it comes to nudity, most people don't know that I ...
Have a nipple ring. When I was 15, my mother didn't want me to do it, so I got my grandmother to take me to get a nipple ring. And then I came back a couple days later to do it on the other one, but when I looked at myself in the mirror I thought it was kind of boyish, so I took one out. Now I only have one.

One thing I do only when I'm home completely alone is ...
Sing. I'm a horrible singer. I've never done karaoke. I can hear my voice; it's horrible. I hate it. I've been to singing lessons and stuff and had this voice coach. I tried to sing because I used to play the guitar and drums -- and I'm totally into dancing. I wanted to have a band and be the lead singer, but I always sucked. You can't be a lead singer without being able to sing, so I gave it up.

The sexiest thing a man has ever done for me is ...
Guys are not nice at all; they're not romantic anymore. They suck! I've gotten flowers and stuff but ... guys don't do that very often.

Height 5 ft 8 in (1.73 m)
Hair color Naturally Brown
Eye color Brown
Measurements 32-24-34 (US); 81-61-86.5 (EU)
Dress size 34 (EU), 4 (US)
Shoe size 39 (EU), 8 (US)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...