Famke Janssen is a Dutch actress and former fashion model. She is best known for her roles in GoldenEye, Nip/Tuck and as Dr. Jean Grey/Phoenix in the X-Men movies. Janssen is also a UNODC Goodwill Ambassador for Integrity
There's something to be said about beautiful actresses who play vicious characters. Maybe it's because we've been watching too many Discovery Channel insect shows where female bugs kill the male after mating.
Ever since we saw Famke as Xenia Onatopp in GoldenEye, where she reaches orgasm while killing people, we've been wondering what it would be like to be on the receiving end of those fantastic legs. Who else can do the nasty while being truly nasty?
Famke Janssen Quotes
"Playing psychos is fun, they give you the license and freedom that you don't have when you play a normal person. Because, with a psycho, there's no limit, you can absolutely ham it up. "
"Women want to be superheroes, and men want to do them."
"I found a woman who taught me how to strip at home, in the privacy of my own environment, with nobody else watching me. That was quite an experience, because she taught me how to lap dance, and I practicd on her. It was funny. "
"I don't even like talking about dating. It's like having a stamp on your forehead: "I'm available and I'm looking.""
"I would rather not work, than to be in a movie that nobody's watching. "
"I would rather not work, than to be in a movie that nobody's watching. I would rather not work, than to be in a movie that nobody's watching. "
"Looking back, boy, has there ever been a stigma in being a Bond Girl. That's what my mission in life is, just to prove them wrong. That's why I have such an urge to keep going and proving that. It's so silly. What on earth does the way you look have anything to do with whether you can act or not. "
"I felt different born into a family with two sisters who are blonde and blue-eyed, with me being the only brunette."
Upon moving to Los Angeles, Janssen obtained her first parts, appearing in guest roles on TV series. One of her first appearances was in 1992, when she starred in the Star Trek: The Next Generation episode "The Perfect Mate" as empathic metamorph Kamala, opposite Patrick Stewart (who would later star with her in the X-Men film series). Then, in that same year, Janssen was offered the role of Jadzia Dax of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, but turned it down in favor of film roles.
Janssen's first film role was with Jeff Goldblum in the 1992 film Fathers & Sons. In 1995, she appeared in the first Pierce Brosnan James Bond film, GoldenEye, as femme fatale Xenia Onatopp.
Janssen played superheroine Dr. Jean Grey/Phoenix in X-Men, X2 and X-Men: The Last Stand. She won a Saturn Award for the role in X-Men: The Last Stand. She also starred in the movies Lord of Illusions, The Faculty, House on Haunted Hill, I Spy, Rounders, Deep Rising, Hide and Seek, and Taken (film). In addition, Janssen had a prominent role in the second season of the popular TV show, Nip/Tuck, as the seductive and manipulative transsexual life coach, Ava Moore.
Janssen tried to fight against typecasting by appearing in Woody Allen's Celebrity, Robert Altman's The Gingerbread Man, John Irvin's City of Industry and Ted Demme's Monument Ave. She was awarded the Special Jury Best Actress Award at the 2007 Hamptons International Film Festival for her role as a female pool hustler in Chris Eigeman's Turn the River.
In 2003, Janssen was awarded the International Star of the Year. In 2004, she won the Hollywood Life Breakthrough Artist of the Year for her work on Nip/Tuck.In 2006, the Hamptons International Film Festival awarded her with the Golden Starfish Award for career achievement in acting.
Janssen provides the Dutch-language narration for the Studio Tram Tour at all Disney parks.
On January 28, 2008, Janssen was appointed a United Nations Goodwill Ambassador for Integrity at the Second Conference of the States Parties to the United Nations Convention against Corruption, held in Nusa Dua, Bali. In December 2008 Janssen filmed a 20 minute presentation for Showtime that will serve as a pilot for a spinoff of The L Word set in a women's Prison. Janssen plays one of the prisoners starring alongside Melissa Leo, Leisha Hailey and Laurie Metcalf.
- In 1996, Famke ranked number 65 in FHM magazine's 100 Sexiest Women.
- In 2002, Famke was ranked number 69 in Stuff magazine's 102 Sexiest Women.
- In 2002, Famke was ranked number 69 in Askmen magazine's Most Desirable Woman.
1. In the Woods (2009/II)
2. The Possibility of Fireflies (2009) .... Susanna Roma
3. The Chameleon (2009)
4. The Farm (2009) (TV) .... Valentina Galindo
5. Peep World (2009)
6. Kiddie Ride (2009) .... Mary
7. "Nip/Tuck" .... Ava Moore (11 episodes, 2004-2010)
8. Puppy Love (2008) .... Maya
9. 100 Feet (2008) .... Marnie Watson
10. Taken (2008/I) .... Lenore
11. The Wackness (2008) .... Kristin Squires
12. Turn the River (2007) .... Kailey Sullivan
13. The Ten (2007) .... Gretchen Reigert
14. Alibi (2007) (TV) .... Christie Winters
15. X-Men: The Last Stand (2006) .... Jean Grey / Phoenix
16. The Treatment (2006) .... Allegra Marshall
17. Hide and Seek (2005) .... Katherine
18. Eulogy (2004) .... Judy Arnolds
19. X2 (2003) .... Jean Grey
20. I Spy (2002) .... Rachel
21. Don't Say a Word (2001) .... Aggie Conrad
22. Made (2001) .... Jessica
23. "Ally McBeal" .... Jamie (2 episodes, 2000-2001)
24. X-Men (2000) .... Jean Grey
25. Circus (2000) .... Lily
26. Love & Sex (2000) .... Kate Welles
27. House on Haunted Hill (1999) .... Evelyn Stockard-Price
28. The Faculty (1998) .... Miss Elizabeth Burke
29. The Adventures of Sebastian Cole (1998) .... Fiona
30. Celebrity (1998) .... Bonnie
31. Rounders (1998) .... Petra
32. RPM (1998) .... Claudia Haggs
33. Deep Rising (1998) .... Trillian
34. The Gingerbread Man (1998) .... Leeanne Magruder
35. Snitch (1998) .... Katy
36. City of Industry (1997) .... Rachel Montana
37. Dead Girl (1996) .... Treasure
38. GoldenEye (1995) .... Xenia Zirgavna Onatopp
39. Lord of Illusions (1995) .... Dorothea Swann
40. Relentless IV: Ashes to Ashes (1994) .... Dr. Sara Lee Jaffee
1. Premiere Bond: Opening Nights (2006) (V) .... Herself
2. "Celebrities Uncensored"
3. Best Ever Bond (2002) (TV) (uncredited) .... Herself
4. Bond Girls Are Forever (2002) (TV) (uncredited) .... Xenia Onatopp
5. De Superman à Spider-Man: L'aventure des super-héros (2002) (V) .... Jean Grey
First Name: Famke
Last Name: Janssen
Hair Color: Auburn
Eye Color: Black
Date of Birth: November 5 1965
Place of Birth: Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Height: 5'11" ; 180cm
Measurements: (US) 36-24-36 ; (EU) 92-61-92
Dress Size: (US) 6 ; (EU) 36
Shoe Size: (US) 11 ; (EU) 42
Agencies: Elite Model Management - New York
Anne Klein, Bergdorf Goodman, Covergirl, Dillards, Dockers, Gianfranco Ferre, Gillette, Giorgio Armani, Hirshleifer's, Jax, Laurèl, Maybelline, Nine West, Perry Ellis, Saks Fifth Avenue, Uptons, Vichy, Victoria's Secret,
France: 'Elle' - September 30 1985, June 16 1986
Germany: 'Max' - November 1995; 'Woman' - February 2007
Italy: 'Vogue' - March 1987; 'Elle' - July 1989
UK: 'Elle' - November 1988; 'Harpers & Queen' - December 1995; 'Marie Claire' - October 2000; 'Maxim' - October 2000; 'Tatler' - December 2001; 'In Style' - June 2003;
US: 'Elle' - March 1989; 'Maxim' - January 1998; 'Entertainment Weekly' - April 28 2000; 'Maxim' - July 2000; 'Marie Claire' - August 2000; 'Glamour' - May 2003; 'Premiere' - May 2006