Anna Rawson is an Australian professional golfer and model. She currently plays on the LPGA Tour.
Amateur and modeling career
Ranked one of the Top Ten Most Beautiful Female Athletes by Sports Illustrated magazine, Anna Rawson is an Australian born model who crossed over into professional golfing, and is now making a splash on the LPGA. It’s almost unfair that so much beauty and athletic talent can be wrapped in one package.
Rawson was born in Adelaide, Australia. She got her break into a modeling career at age 16, when she was a finalist in the Australian "Dolly" Magazine cover contest. This opened up modeling opportunities on the catwalk, in print ads, magazines, and on television. In 1999 as an amateur golfer in Australia Rawson was the South Australian and Victoria Junior Champion plus the winner of the Jack Newton International Junior Classic. She was the leading qualifier for the 1999 and 2000 Australian Amateur Championship and was a member of the 1999 Australian National Squad.
She played collegiate golf at the University of Southern California. She was named All-Pac-10 honorable mention in 2001, 2002 and 2004.
Rawson turned professional at the end of 2004, played a full season on the Future Tour and missed the cut at the 2004 LPGA Final Qualifying Tournament. She finished third at the Ladies European Tour 2005 qualifying tournament and was a season 2006 LET rookie. On December 5, 2007, Anna notified fans via her Myspace page that she had been invited to join the LPGA tour. In 2008 she qualified for a full time tour card via Q school for the 2009 tour.
Anna Rawson quotes
“I found myself aboard a private plane to Las Vegas. I am telling you flying private is the way to go.”
"It's really cutthroat and if you have a bad week they'll just leave you and ... on to the next one."
"See the problem is I'm too nice. I'm like the nice girl and I need to become more of a bitch."
- Recorded a career-best tie for 10th at the Bell Micro LPGA Classic.
- Carded a career-low 66 in the final round of the LPGA State Farm Classic.
- Competed on the Ladies European Tour (LET), with a season-best sixth-place finish at the Finnair Masters.
- Returned to the LPGA Final Qualifying Tournament, where she tied for 12th to earn Priority List Category 11 for the 2009 LPGA season.
- In 2007, competed on the LET and finished second at the Deutsche Bank Ladies Swiss Open, where she lost to Bettina
- Hauert on the fourth hole of a sudden-death playoff; tied for 18th at the LPGA Final Qualifying Tournament to earn non-exempt status for the 2008 LPGA season.
- In 2006, competed on the LET and finished 10th at the Deutsche Bank Ladies Swiss Open.
- In 2005, competed on the Duramed Futures Tour, where she recorded two top-10 finishes in 17 events.
- In 2004, turned professional in August.
Member of the 1999 Australian National Squad.
Competed in two Women's Australian Open Championships (2000, 2004).
Two-time Pac-10 Honorable Mention (2001, 2002).
Member of the 2003 NCAA Women's Golf Championship winning team while at the University of Southern California.
Finished 11th individually at the 2003 NCAA Women's Golf Championship.
Captain of the University of Southern California women's golf team (2004).
Finished fifth at the 2004 Orient Masters in China.
Current member of the Ladies European Tour (LET) (2006).
Medalist in the Australia Amateur Championship in 1999 and 2000.
South Australian Champion and Victorian Inn Champion in 1999.
Jack Newton International Junior Classic Winner in 1999.
Team winner of the NCAA National Championship in 2003.
Captained the 2004 University of Southern California Golf Team.
Finished 29th on the Money List.
5th at the 2005 Jalapeno Futures Golf Classic in McAllen, Texas.
5th at the Orient Masters, Bejing, China.
1. "Rome Is Burning" .... Herself (1 episode, 2008)
... aka "Jim Rome Is Burning" (USA: second season title)
- Episode dated 12 September 2008 (2008) TV episode .... Herself
2. "9am with David & Kim" .... Herself (1 episode, 2007)
- Episode dated 13 February 2007 (2007) TV episode .... Herself
Birthname: Anna Rawson
Hometown: Adelaide, South Australia
Assets: Loves watching sports
Job: Model, Golfer
Hobbies: Watching Formula One racing, and men's tennis
Funniest Thing to Happen on the Golf Course:
"Falling in the lake at Wilshire's 17th hole."
Biggest Sports Hero: "Anna Kournikova."
Favorite Pasttime Away From Golf: "Horseback riding."
Favorite TV Show: "Sex and the City."
"I use pink or purple markers. You can see them better & they're cute."
Most Thrilling Moment In Sports:
"Winning the 2003 national championship."
Country of Origin: Australia
Joined LPGA: 2008
Tournaments played: 9
2009 Money: $33,836.00 (98)
Career Money: $96,634.00 (470)
Official Website :