Monday, May 18, 2009

Shamita Shetty (Tulu : ಶಮಿತಾ ಶೆಟ್ಟಿ

Born on February 2, 1979
Shamita Shetty (Tulu : ಶಮಿತಾ ಶೆಟ್ಟಿ),is an Indian actress. She is the younger sister of Bollywood actress Shilpa Shetty.




Shamita is the second and youngest daughter of Surendra and Sunanda Shetty. She was born in a traditional close-knit family that hails from the Bunt community of Mangalore. Her parents are manufacturers of tamper-proof caps for the pharmaceutical industry and her native language is Tulu. Shamita Shetty attended St Anthony's Girls High School in Chembur, Mumbai. She graduated from Sydenham College.

Shetty made her debut in 2000 with the Yash Raj Films blockbuster Mohabbatein, which was directed by Aditya Chopra. Since Mohabbatein, she mostly found success in item numbers, including "Sharara Sharara" in Mere Yaar Ki Shaadi Hai (2001) and "Chori Pe Chori" in Saathiya (2002). Later Shetty found success as an actress with her first solo-hit Zeher. She worked once with her sister Shilpa Shetty in Fareb in that same year. Currently she isn't working on any film.

Scandal

One of her pics from a function revealed that she was not wearing panties.This incident was regarded as a hot news in most of the leading magazines all over India.

I have a life beyond a film career: Shamita Shetty

Shamita Shetty says that she prefers to keep a positive attitude towards life despite her film career not going great guns.

"I am in the film industry because I am passionate of films. But, I have a life beyond a film career. A film career does not define me. There is a other side to my life. I am content with my personal life," Shamita said.

Shamita said besides having a secure family life, she is deep into yoga and painting.

She does not agree that one of the reasons of her career in the industry has not taken off because she has to live in the shadow of a more successful sister Shilpa Shetty .

"Shilpa is not just an actor, but my elder sister. I am very happy with her success. There are no comparisons between us. Our parents treat us as equals at home," she added.

"I am not doing any films because the work that has come to me was not good. I am looking for something interesting. Hopefully, things will work out in the coming months," she added.

Shamita said she had learnt that one has to be mentally strong to survive in the industry. "My mother has instilled positive values in me and Shilpa," she added.

"Both myself and Shilpa are creative people and our contribution would be creative in nature. We have brought on board some professionals as well. UTV will co-produce the film which is an action comedy to be directed by Manish Jha, with us," she added.

To a question on what genre of films attract her as an actress, Shamita said she did not want to restrict herself to any particular genre. "I would love to do a comedy film. I feel I can carry off intense roles easily," she added.

Filmography

Actress:

1. Naan Aval Adhu (2008)
2. Hari Puttar: A Comedy of Terrors (2008)
3. Heyy Babyy (2007) .... Special appearance in song
4. Cash (2007) .... Shania
5. Fareb (2005) .... Ria A. Singhania
6. Zeher (2005) .... Sonia Mehra
7. Bewafaa (2005) .... Pallavi Arora
8. Wajahh: A Reason to Kill (2004) .... Ishita Singhania
9. Agni Pankh (2004) .... Anjana
10. Piliste Palukutha (2003) .... Student
11. Saathiya (2002) .... Dancer (song 'Chori Pe Chori')
12. Mere Yaar Ki Shaadi Hai (2002) .... Dancer (song 'Sharara')
... aka My Friend's Wedding (International: English title)
13. Mohabbatein (2000) .... Ishika Dhanrajgir
... aka Love Stories (Europe: English title)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...