Penny Lancaster-Stewart is an English model and photographer. She is probably best known for her modeling work for designer lingerie brand Ultimo. She is married to rock singer Rod Stewart, and is well known for her height, standing 6ft 1½in (187 cm)
Slender and 6'1" tall, blonde-haired Penny Lancaster has the curvaceous frame of a life-size Barbie. Her body is great, but it is something else that forces men to do a double-take when she walks by. Search her name on the Internet and you'll find the nickname "Hot Legs" everywhere; herein lies her best trait. These toned, long (3' long, to be exact), tanned legs are a godsend and we can understand why future hubby Rod Stewart makes her wear skirts all the time.
After meeting Rod Stewart in 1998, Penny Lancaster took up a relationship with the singer and saw her career skyrocket. She became a photographer for Hello! magazine and continued her ascension in the modeling world after being discovered in her early twenties.
A rich deal with lingerie company Ultimo became Penny's claim to fame as she, wonderful legs included, became its spokesmodel. Unfortunately, Ultimo CEO Michelle Mone pulled a publicity stunt by dropping Lancaster and hiring Rachel Hunter in Penny's stead. The two models had been verbally sparring over Rod Stewart, who was Lancaster's boyfriend and Hunter's estranged husband.
Showing an amazing ability to bounce back from controversy, Lancaster released Ultimate Body Workout, a fitness DVD that became extremely popular. To top it off, she released a line of hair removal products aptly called "Hot Legs." The towering blonde with the business sense now hopes to record a duet with beau Rod Stewart.
In 1998 Lancaster had the chance to meet singer Rod Stewart who offered to let her take photos of him whilst on tour. When the pair began going out it caused a large tabloid interest as Stewart had recently separated from his wife and mother of two of his children Rachel Hunter.
In 2005 Stewart proposed to Lancaster at the top of the Eiffel Tower after asking her father for permission. After insisting that he would never marry again Stewart said "I left it this long to propose because I want to get it right this time."
Lancaster gave birth to her first child (Stewart's 7th) a 7lb, 7oz boy on 27 November 2005. The baby was named Alastair Wallace Stewart.
Lancaster and Stewart married on Saturday, 16 June 2007 at La Cervara near Portofino, Italy. The couple exchanged vows in the presence of 100 family and friends. A reception followed overlooking the coast of Santa Margherita.
In 2002 Lancaster signed up to be the face of designer lingerie brand Ultimo for a reported £200,000. Lancaster was seen to be a success at promoting the brand raising its profile, especially in the UK.
Two years later, however, Lancaster was dropped from the company after her contract ended. A source for the company stated "Penny has got the company some great publicity in the past year, but we felt we needed someone who has a bigger international profile. Penny is a very sexy girl, but isn't known outside England." Shortly after UK tabloids began to reporting that supermodel Rachel Hunter was being lined up as the new face of the company. This created a huge tabloid interest as Lancaster was currently dating singer Rod Stewart who at the time was divorcing Hunter. After it was confirmed that Hunter had signed up newspapers printed pictures of the two modeling the same underwear comparing the two and claiming they were in a bitter feud. Hunter was quoted as saying "I had to think about it carefully, considering the situation."
Ultimo boss Michelle Mone said that she had always wanted Hunter to model the clothes as her original target, and only went for Lancaster at £200,000 because she was cheaper than the £1million it later cost her to sign Hunter.
Stewart was upset about the way Mone treated Lancaster and launched a verbal attack on her branding her "a manipulative cow" and saying "Penny worked her bloody arse off for Michelle. Michelle’s treated her horribly — she is a nasty piece of work. If this drums up more publicity for her bra company I hope Michelle chokes on the profits" and then adding "Anyway, I can’t stand her Ultimo stuff."
Both Lancaster and Hunter have reportedly called a truce over the incident.
Strictly Come Dancing
After losing her deal with Ultimo, Lancaster created a fitness DVD Ultimate Body Workout and did various modeling and photography work including photographing celebrities such as Elton John, Simon Cowell and Lulu for charity calendar PDSA Pet Pawtraits.
In 2007 it was announced Lancaster would be a contestant on the fifth series of the BBC's entertainment dance show Strictly Come Dancing. Lancaster is competing with professional dance partner Ian Waite. The two have had mixed reactions from the judges. With their first dance, the Quickstep, Lancaster and Waite were given high marks from the judges and Lancaster was compared to Ginger Rogers. The next week, however, their Jive was heavily criticized being referred to as lumpy. On the third week Lancaster and Waite were left in the bottom two, despite more positive comments from the judges, with Gabby Logan and her partner James Jordan - a result which was heavily criticized by judges and fans alike. Lancaster and Waite were saved receiving 3 votes from the judges. The fifth week Penny danced the Foxtrot and received her highest marks of the competition scoring 35/40 which put her second on the leadboard, one point away from Alesha Dixon. On the 6th week Lancaster and Waite performed the Salsa and came joint second from the bottom receiving a mark of 25/40. They were voted into the bottom two by the public and were voted out by the judges receiving only 1 vote from Arlene Phillips. Many of her fans stated that her exit was far too early.
"At school I towered over both boys and girls and was dreadfully skinny. I hated my 36-inch legs -- now my major asset -- and would wear three pairs of thick tights to lend them bulk."
"On giving birth: "It was the most empowering and spiritual experience of my life."
"It means so much to Rod and I that we were able to keep to our birthing plan and have our baby naturally. It was the most empowering and spiritual experience of my life. "
"When the baby`s head appeared it was covered in dark, sticky blood so it was hard to know which end was coming out. Rod said, `What is that?!` He thought it looked like a lump of coal. "
1. "Strictly Come Dancing" .... Herself - Contestant / ... (14 episodes, 2007-2008)
- Round Five Results (2008) TV episode .... Herself - Audience Member
- Round Five (2008) TV episode (uncredited) .... Herself - Audience Member
- Show 6 Results (2007) TV episode (as Penny Lancaster-Stewart) .... Herself - Contestant
- Show 6 (2007) TV episode (as Penny Lancaster-Stewart) .... Herself - Contestant
- Show 5 Results (2007) TV episode (as Penny Lancaster-Stewart) .... Herself - Contestant
2. "Who Wants to Be a Millionaire" .... Herself (1 episode, 2008)
- Episode dated 1 January 2008 (2008) TV episode (as Penny Lancaster Stewart) .... Herself
3. "The Wright Stuff" .... Herself - Guest Panelist (1 episode, 2007)
- Episode #8.63 (2007) TV episode (as Penny Lancaster Stewart) .... Herself - Guest Panelist
4. "Strictly Come Dancing: It Takes Two" .... Herself (7 episodes, 2007)
- Episode #4.26 (2007) TV episode (as Penny Lancaster-Stewart) .... Herself
- Episode #4.23 (2007) TV episode (as Penny Lancaster-Stewart) .... Herself
- Episode #4.19 (2007) TV episode (as Penny Lancaster-Stewart) .... Herself
- Episode #4.16 (2007) TV episode (as Penny Lancaster-Stewart) .... Herself
- Episode #4.15 (2007) TV episode (as Penny Lancaster-Stewart) .... Herself
5. "The Paul O'Grady Show" .... Herself (1 episode, 2007)
... aka "The New Paul O'Grady Show" (UK: new title)
- Episode #7.39 (2007) TV episode (as Penny Lancaster Stewart) .... Herself
6. "Friday Night with Jonathan Ross" .... Herself (1 episode, 2007)
- Episode #13.8 (2007) TV episode (as Penny Lancaster Stewart) .... Herself
7. The British Soap Awards 2007 (2007) (TV) .... Herself - Presenter
8. "Happy Hour" .... Herself (1 episode, 2007)
... aka "Al Murray's Happy Hour" (UK: complete title)
- Episode #1.9 (2007) TV episode .... Herself
9. "Loose Women" .... Herself (1 episode, 2006)
- Episode #10.32 (2006) TV episode .... Herself
10. "The Sharon Osbourne Show" .... Herself (1 episode, 2006)
- Episode #1.1 (2006) TV episode .... Herself
11. "The F Word" .... Herself (1 episode, 2005)
... aka "Gordon Ramsay's F Word" (UK: promotional title)
- Episode #1.4 (2005) TV episode .... Herself
12. "GMTV" .... Herself (1 episode, 2005)
- Episode dated 3 November 2005 (2005) TV episode .... Herself
13. "Breakfast" .... Herself (1 episode, 2005)
- Episode dated 26 October 2005 (2005) TV episode .... Herself
14. "Great Performances" (1 episode, 2005)
- One Night with Rod Stewart (2005) TV episode
15. Hotlegs Workout with Penny Lancaster (2004) (V) .... Herself
16. "Richard & Judy" .... Herself (1 episode, 2003)
- Episode dated 15 December 2003 (2003) TV episode .... Herself
17. Ultimate Body Workout (2003) (V) .... Herself
... aka Penny Lancaster's Ultimate Body Workout (USA: complete title)
18. "Bo' Selecta!" .... Herself (1 episode, 2003)
- Episode #2.1 (2003) TV episode .... Herself
Place of birth Chelmsford, Essex, England
Height 1.87 m (6 ft 1+1⁄2 in)
Hair colour Blonde
Dress size 10 (US)
Spouse(s) Rod Stewart (2006 - present)