Jennifer Joanna Aniston is an American actress. She became famous in the 1990s for her role as Rachel Green in the popular US sitcom Friends, a role for which she won an Emmy Award, a Golden Globe Award, and a Screen Actors Guild Award.
Jennifer Aniston has often been described as the girl next door, but thanks to her hardcore fitness regime and outgoing personality, she's proven that the girl next door can just as sexy as the vixen down the block. At 40 years old, she recently topped Details magazine's list of "World's Sexiest Women" for 2009, beating out Megan Fox and Gisele Bundchen, who came in second and third respectively. We bought multiple copies of the January issue of GQ featuring the ultra fit Jennifer Aniston on the cover completely nude, except for a red, white and blue tie. Her arms and legs might have been strategically placed, but we can still put our imaginations to good use.
Aniston moved to Hollywood and was cast in her first television role in 1990, starring as a regular on the short-lived series Molloy and in the TV movie Camp Cucamonga. She also co-starred in Ferris Bueller, a television adaptation of the 1986 hit movie Ferris Bueller's Day Off. The series, however, was quickly canceled. Aniston then appeared in two more failed television comedy shows, The Edge and Muddling Through, and guest-starred on Quantum Leap, Herman's Head, and Burke's Law. After the string of canceled shows, along with her appearance in the critically derided 1992 horror film, Leprechaun, Aniston considered giving up acting. Aniston's plans changed, however, after auditioning for Friends, a sitcom that was set to debut on NBC's 1994–1995 fall line-up. The producers of the show originally wanted Aniston to audition for the role of Monica Geller, but Courtney Cox was discovered to be best suited for the part of Monica. Thus, Aniston was cast as Rachel Green. She played the character of Rachel from 1994 until the show ended in 2004.
The program was successful and Aniston, along with her co-stars, gained wide renown among television viewers. Her hairstyle at the time, which became known as the "Rachel", was widely copied. Aniston received a salary of one million dollars per episode for the last two seasons of Friends, as well as five Emmy nominations (two for Supporting Actress, three for Lead Actress), including a win for Outstanding Lead Actress in a Comedy Series. According to the Guinness World Book of Records (2005), Aniston (along with her female costars) became the highest paid TV actress of all time with her $1 million-per-episode paycheck for the tenth season of Friends.
Jennifer Aniston was cast in a Heineken commercial which was later banned due to branding issues. Later, in 1994, Microsoft invited Aniston, along with Friends co-star Matthew Perry, to shoot a 30-minute promotional advertisement for their new operating system, Windows 95. She gained critical acclaim for her performances in The Object of My Affection (1998), a comedy drama about a girl who falls for a gay man, and in the low-budget 2002 film, The Good Girl, directed by Miguel Arteta, playing an unglamorous cashier in a small town. The latter film opened in relatively few theaters—under 700 in total—taking $14M in the U.S. box office. In late 2005, Aniston appeared in two major studio films, Derailed and Rumor Has It.
In addition to her career as a TV actress, Aniston has enjoyed a successful film career. Her biggest box office success to date was her appearance in 2003's Bruce Almighty, in which she played the girlfriend of title character Jim Carrey. Aniston then starred in the 2004 film, Along Came Polly opposite Ben Stiller. In 2006, Aniston appeared in the low-budget drama, Friends with Money, which was first shown at the Sundance Film Festival, received a limited release. Aniston's next film, The Break-Up, which was released on June 2, grossed approximately $39.17 million during its opening weekend, despite lukewarm reviews.
In 2007, Aniston guest starred in an episode of Courteney Cox Arquette's series Dirt. Aniston played Arquette's snobby rival Tina Harrod. In addition to acting, Aniston has also directed a hospital emergency room-set short film named Room 10, starring Robin Wright Penn and Kris Kristofferson; Aniston has noted that she was inspired to direct by actress Gwyneth Paltrow, who directed a short film in 2006.
Forbes listed Aniston as the 10th richest woman in the entertainment industry for the year 2007. She is behind such powerhouses as Oprah Winfrey, J. K. Rowling, Madonna, Mariah Carey, Celine Dion and Jennifer Lopez and is ahead of Britney Spears, Christina Aguilera and the Olsen twins. Aniston's net worth is approximately $110 million. Aniston was also included in the annual Star Salary Top 10 of trade magazine The Hollywood Reporter for 2006. According to Forbes in October 2007, Aniston was the top-selling celebrity face of the entertainment industry. In 2008, Aniston landed the seventeenth spot on Forbes Celebrity 100 list based on "earnings and fame." Forbes listed Aniston's earnings as $27 million
On December 25, 2008, Marley & Me, in which Aniston starred alongside Owen Wilson, was released. It set a record for the largest Christmas Day box office ever with $14.75 million in ticket sales.It earned a total of $51.7 million over the four-day weekend and placed #1 at the box office, a position it maintained for two weeks. As of February 15, 2009 its total worldwide gross was $161,608,269.
Her next film in wide release, He's Just Not That into You, opened in February 2009. The movie made $27.5 million, ranking #1 at the box office in its opening weekend. While the film received mixed reviews, Aniston along with Jennifer Connelly, and Ben Affleck are often praised by critics as being the stand-outs in the film.
As of 2009, Aniston's movies have grossed $900,618,847 in the Unites States.
Aniston is a supporter of many charity foundations. She is a supporter of Friends of El Faro, a grassroots non-profit organization that helps raise money for Casa Hogar Sion—an orphanage in Tijuana, Mexico and has appeared in many TV commercials for St. Jude's Children's Research Hospital of whom she is a big supporter. She made a guest appearance on Oprah's Big Give show to support the cause and donated money to help. Aniston hosted September 2008's Stand Up to Cancer show. In the "It Can't Wait" campaign to free Burma, Aniston directed and starred in a video. On April 14, 2007, Aniston received GLAAD's Vanguard Award for her contributions to increased visibility and understanding of the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender community.
Jennifer Aniston Quotes
"When somebody follows you 20 blocks to the pharmacy, where they watch you buy toilet paper, you know your life has changed."
"I've gone for each type: the rough guy; the nerdy, sweet, lovable guy; and the slick guy. I don't really have a type. Men in general are a good thing."
"The best smell in the world is that man that you love. "
"It`s impossible to satisfy everyone, and I suggest we all stop trying. "
"If we can say, `I loved, and I received a lot of love,` then great. That`s enough. "
"I guess we`d be living in a boring, perfect world if everybody wished everybody else well."
"True love brings up everything - you`re allowing a mirror to be held up to you daily. "
" I don't get sent anything strange like underwear. I get sent cookies. "
"The greater your capacity to love, the greater your capacity to feel the pain. "
"I wouldn't change my childhood, I wouldn't change my heartaches, I wouldn't change my successes... I really love who I am."
"I almost resent the whole fashion thing. Good God. Never wearing the same thing twice and all of those things. It's a pain in the ass."
- Jennifer Aniston
wishing the men in her life would give her the same attention as her dog Norman
It wouldn't be bad if, when a man comes home, he'd run to his woman with his tail wagging ... This sort of excitement is something I've always missed in a man to be honest.
when asked if there will be a "Friends" reunion
Keep your positive thoughts going. There's nothing wrong with thinking positive. We know how much people want that, and we would of course do it if it's right. But I say do it before we get to be geriatic Friends. Like when you watched the Brady Bunch reunion and were like, "Oh my God, look how old Cindy looks!" No, no, no. Let's hurry it up
on her lesbian kiss with Courteney Cox on “Dirt“
It's a good-bye kiss. I don't honestly think people want to see Rachel and Monica at it. I think I won a bet. I said to Courteney, 'How many days will it take to come out? 'Lesbian kiss! Lip-lock!' It was a record, about a week.
on her nose job in 2007
I had a deviated septum fixed--best thing I ever did. I slept like a baby for the first time in years. As far as all the other rumors, as boring as it sounds, (my breasts) they're still mine. Short of letting everybody have a feel, I don't know what else to do. I really am pretty happy with what God gave me.
on seeing pictures of Angelina Jolie and her ex-husband Brad Pitt together
I will not let myself down like that -- I also know what feels good and it doesn't feel good to harbor anger and resentment ... We do have tools to work through stuff. Everybody does.
- Jennifer was labeled as 'The Natural' by People Magazine.
- Jennifer was chosen as one of People Magazine's annual 100 Most Beautiful People in 1999.
- Jennifer was chosen as one of People Magazine's annual 100 Most Beautiful People in 2002.
- Jennifer was ranked #83 in FHM's 100 sexiest women in the world online poll in 2003.
- Jennifer was ranked #69 on FHM's 100 sexiest women in the world online poll in 2004.
- Jennifer was ranked #11 in FHM's 100 sexiest women in the world 2004 supplement.
- Jennifer was ranked #69 on FHM's 100 sexiest women in the world online poll in 2004.
- Jennifer was ranked #88 by Maxim in their Top Hot 100 for 2005.
- Jennifer was listed as #12 in the STARmeter Top 25 for 2005.
- Jennifer is GQ Magazine's first ever "Woman Of The Year." She earned the title in the December 2005 issue.
- Jennifer was named #41 in FHM's 100 sexiest women in the world 2006 supplement.
- Jennifer was ranked #18 in FHM's 100 sexiest women in the world online poll in 2006.
- Jennifer was chosen as one of People Magazine's annual 100 Most Beautiful People in 2006.
- Jennifer was voted as People Magazine's Best Dressed of 2006.
- Jennifer was ranked #36 in FHM Online's 100 Sexiest Women in the World of 2007.
- Jennifer was chosen as one of People Magazine's annual 100 Most Beautiful People in May 2007.
- Jennifer ranked #44 on Forbes' list of "Top 100 Celebrities" in 2007.
- Jennifer ranked #35 on Forbes' list of "Top 100 Celebrities" in 2008.
- Jennifer Aniston is ranked #72 in the "100 Hottest Brunettes of AIM". edit »
Jennifer Aniston has won multiple awards during her career, for both television and movie productions. Here is a complete list of awards that she has achieved in her life.
* 1996: Screen Actors Guild Award: Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Comedy Series, Friends
* 2000: TV Guide Awards: Editor's Choice
* 2001: People's Choice Award: Favorite Female Television Performer, Friends
* 2001: Aftonbladet TV Prize, Sweden: Best Foreign TV Personality- Female, Friends
* 2002: Emmy Award: Outstanding Lead Actress in a Comedy Series, Friends
* 2002: People's Choice Award: Favorite Female Television Performer, Friends
* 2002: Hollywood Film Festival: Actress of the Year
* 2002: Teen Choice Award: Choice TV Actress- Comedy, Friends
* 2002: Aftonbladet TV Prize, Sweden: Best Foreign TV Personality- Female, Friends
* 2003: Golden Globe Award: Best Performance by an Actress in a Television Series - Musical or Comedy, Friends
* 2003: People's Choice Award: Favorite Female Television Performer, Friends
* 2003: Teen Choice Award: Choice TV Actress- Comedy, Friends
* 2003: Teen Choice Award: Choice Movie Actress- Drama/Action Adventure, The Good Girl
* 2003: Aftonbladet TV Prize, Sweden: Best Foreign TV Personality- Female, Friends
* 2004: Logie Awards: Most Popular Overseas Star, Friends
* 2004: People's Choice Award: Favorite Female Television Performer, Friends
* 2004: Teen Choice Award: Choice TV Actress- Comedy, Friends
* 2004: Aftonbladet TV Prize, Sweden: Best Foreign TV Personality- Female, Friends
* 2005: ShoWest Convention Awards: Female Star of the Year
* 2006: Teen Choice Award: Choice Movie Chemistry (shared with Vince Vaughn), The Break-Up
* 2007: People's Choice Award: Favorite Female Movie Star
* 2007: GLAAD Media Awards: Vanguard Award
* 2007: CineVegas International Film Festival: Best Short Film for Room 10
Hookups:Anastasios Fotopoulos, Brad Pitt, John Mayer, Orlando Bloom, Brian Bouma, Jason Lewis, Paul Sculfor, David Spade, Vince Vaughn, Paul Rudd, Tate Donovan, Adam Duritz
Assets:So sweet she gives you a cavity, legs, hard nipples
Vices:inability to get over Brad Pitt and have a serious relationship after their divorce
Country of Origin:United States